Abstract submission is now closed
Thank you to all authors who have submitted an abstract for The International Association for Mathematical Geosciences Conference 2017. We are overwhelmed by the quality and diversity of submissions. Authors will be notified for their of their presentation time
We are grateful for all the support you have shown the Conference so far. Should you have any questions or queries please contact the Conference Organisers via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IAMG2017 Local Organising Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work for consideration as an oral or poster presentation. All presentations will be given at the Esplanade Hotel, Fremantle on 4-7 September 2017. All presenting authors must be paid registrants at the Conference. All abstracts must be submitted by 5.00pm AWST 17 February 2017
The local organising committee requests that individuals limit themselves to giving one oral presentation. (This does not apply to invited plenary speakers). The co-chairs of the organizing committee may make exceptions to this request. A poster may be presented in addition to a talk, provided the talk and the poster are on different results.
Summary of Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the Abstract Submission Guidelines document before preparing your abstracts:
Step 1: Read the guidelines for the submission of abstracts to ensure you understand the abstract submission process and requirements.
Step 3: Abstracts must not exceed the 300 words and 1 page limit.
Step 4: Convert your abstract to PDF format. The portal will only allow PDF’s to be uploaded.
Step 5: Follow the step-by-step instructions on submitting your abstract via the eOrganiser submission portal. Click the ‘Submit Abstract Here’ button below to access the submission portal.
Authors must prepare their abstract in advance using ones of the templates below. Authors can then upload the completed abstract via the online form. If guidelines are not followed, your abstract may be returned or declined. If using the Latex template please download the Latex Style File.
Abstract Themes (i.e. Methods)
Authors must select one (1) of the following Methods(Themes) and can select up to two (2) Fields of Application.
- Compositional Data Analysis
- Data Assimilation and Data Integration
- Fractal and Multi-Fractal Modelling, Singularity Analysis
- Geostatistics – Two Point Geostatistics
- Geostatistics – Multi Point Geostatistics
- Geostatistics – Model-Based Geostatistics
- Geostatistics – Mining Geostatistics
- Geostatistics – Frontier Geostatistics
- Geostatistics – Other Geostatistical Methods
- Image Analysis
- Inverse Problem solving
- Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Big Data
- Numerical Modelling and Numerical Simulation
- Optimisation and Operations Research
- Spherical Data Analysis
- Statistics (excluding Geostatistics) – Point Processes
- Statistics (excluding Geostatistics) – Time Series Analysis
- Statistics (excluding Geostatistics) – Multivariate Statistics
- Statistics (excluding Geostatistics) – Bayesian Statistics
- Statistics (excluding Geostatistics) – Space-Time Processes
- Statistics (excluding Geostatistics) – Other Statistical Methods Stochastic Geometry and Stereology/Mathematical Morphology
- Other methods
Field of Application (Sub-Theme):
- 2D and 3D Geomapping and Geomodelling
- Climatology, Meteorology, Cryology, Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences
- e-Geosciences, Geoscience Information Exchange Standards, Interoperability
- Electromagnetic Data (incl. Spectral, Hyperspectral, SAR)
- Energy Resources
- Environmental Geology
- Geodynamics, Tectonics, Structural Geology
- Geographic and Geoscience Information Systems (GIS)
- Geomorphology and Quaternary Geology
- Geoscience databases
- Mineral Resources
- Natural hazards
- Petrology, Mineralogy and Crystallography
- Remote Sensing
- Rock Fabric Analysis and Modelling
- Rock-Soil Mechanics
- Soil Science
- Volcanology and Geothermal Research
- Other field
Notification of Acceptance
Notification of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author by Wednesday, 1 March 2017. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference abstract booklet. The Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
All abstracts must be submitted by 5.00pm AWST 17 February 2017